Here it is:
This one was super fun and super easy.
We found the stool at a garage sale for a dollar. It was covered with paint and rust and actually had a smell. We started by taking it apart. Lots of it was riveted on and I didn't know how to take it apart without ruining it so we rethought our color scheme. . . I didn't want to have to tape anything.
We ripped off the rubber cover on the bottom step. It was icky and smelled.
I took the ripped vinyl seat off. It actually hammered in with little button thingies.
The fabric is a piece of printed duck fabric. It's thick and will handle being stepped on. I recovered it using my staple gun. I also used a piece of an old mattress cover I saved to use as a liner when I needed one.
We spray painted with two and three coats.
I couldn't find an old rubber mat to cut to fit into the place where I pulled off the stinky rubber. I used a placemat I bought at the dollar store and cut to fit. I glued the pretty side down and left the non skid side up. I also gave it a quick squirt of the gray spray paint we covered the chrome with.
I love the result! I plan on taking this to my class. It will be a good stool for the front of the room and a great thing to have when I need to reach something higher than I can reach.
I'm pretty excited about this one!