I won't make a habit of putting school related things up on my blog but one turned out pretty cool so I thought I'd share.
We're focusing on typing this last quarter and I decided to make a huge keyboard. I
Here is my version.
The boxes are the 6x6 size which gave me a 3.5x3.5 sized key to work with. I tried to be as straight as possible but I notice that there is some serious waving on that bottom row! I tried a few ways to do this but found that it was easier to position and glue the regular sized keys on the box and then piece together larger keys with electrical tape. That way I could try to keep it as straight as possible.
It took three NCIS marathons to trim the boxes, glue them on and then print out and cut the cardstock with the letters. It took another twenty minutes to find enough black push pins and attach it to the wall. From the photo, I realize I need to straighten out the letters at the bottom.
I also need to scrape hot glue off from my dining room table. I accidentally dropped a key before it was over paper and it stuck to my table.
I now have 76 take out box bottoms, a hot glue mess and little pieces of foam all over my dining room floor but I also have a cool bulletin board.